Comprehensive Perioperative TEE, NordSim
This course is primarily intended for thorax anesthesiologists, thorax surgeons and cardiologists who are in contact with the ”heart surgical patient” in the perioperative period.
It is an intensive and demanding course which consists of pre-course e-learning and a 2-day workshop with digital simulation, presentations, preparations for the European certifications, MCQ, and intraoperative TEE with an expert.
You will learn how to:
- Perform a comprehensive TEE examination.
- Evaluate the ventricular function and heart valves.
- Understand the hemodynamic principles which are the basis of the function of the heart.
- Diagnose and grade various forms of pathology of themyocardium, heart valves, thoracic aorta and pericardium.
- Make decisions in the operating room and the ICU as correctly as possible
As the focus during the 2-day course is 100% on practical hands-on training, all the theory for the course is provided as e-learning. This must be completed before the hands-on workshop. You will get access to the e-learning 1 month before the course. Please allow at least 2 days to complete this.
In order to fully benefit from this course, you must have attended the Basic Perioperative TEE course.
For further information and registration click here.
Jane Bragenholt Frandsen