Basic Ultrasound Guided Regional Anaesthesia (UGRA) comprises a selection of easily learned and safe peripheral nerve blocks allowing effective perioperative analgesia for the majority of surgical procedures involving the upper and lower limbs and the anterolateral abdominal wall.
– understanding the basic anatomy and sonoanatomy of the basic nerve blocks
– understanding how to perform each of the basic nerve blocks
– knowledge about the pitfalls
- Interscalene brachial plexus block
- Supraclavicular brachial plexus block
- Infraclavicular brachial plexus block
- Axillary brachial plexus block
- Femoral nerve and femoral triangle blocks
- Popliteal nerve block
- Transversus abdominis plane block
- Ilioinguinal/iliohypogastric nerve block
- Intercostal nerve block
The Basic UGRA e-learning course is a prerequisite for attending a USabcd hands-on Basic UGRA workshop.