Basic Ultrasound Physics
The Basic Ultrasound Physics e-course gives a basic understanding of ultrasound physics in order to succeed with practical application of clinical ultrasound while avoiding the pitfalls.
It explains the basic concepts of waves, sound waves, ultrasound, the ultrasound system, system and user controlled ultrasound imaging, ultrasound imaging artefacts, and patient safety.
The fundamental concepts of ultrasound theory are presented in an easy comprehensible intuitive way using a minimum of mathematical terminology.
The learning objective is to obtain knowledge of the basic principles of:
• wave physics and acoustic physics
• ultrasound and medical ultrasound
• the ultrasound system
• the system controlled ultrasound imaging
• the user controlled ultrasound imaging
• the ultrasound imaging artefacts
• patient safety