Comprehensive Perioperative TEE
The Comprehensive Perioperative TEE e-course is primarily aimed at thorax anesthesiologists, thorax surgeons and cardiologists, who are using the intraoperative or perioperative TEE during their daily practice in the operating room, in the ICU, in the emergency or in the ambulatory.
It is the result of a considerable experience in TEE and includes numerous examples of intraoperative TEE loops and clinical cases.
The material is comprehensive, in-depth and interactive, and builds up gradually in order to satisfy varying levels of knowledge, from the basic to the expert.
The e-course complies 100% with the guidelines of ASE (American Society of Echocardiography), SCA (Society of Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology), and ESC (European Society of Cardiology), and can therefore be used as supplementary material in the preparation for the TEE Accreditation Exam (European or American).
The objective of the Comprehensive Perioperative TEE e-course is to provide the participant with the knowledge base required to pass the TEE accreditation exam.
At the completion of the e-course, you will be able to:
• Perform a comprehensive TEE examination
• Understand the theory of cardiac hemodynamics
• Quantify relevant hemodynamic parameters
• Quantify cardiac chamber dimensions
• Assess ventricular and valvular function
• Identify clinically relevant myocardial, valvular, aortic and pericardial pathology
• Apply the relevant theoretical framework in the clinical context
• Make clinical decisions with due care in the operating room and the ICU
The anticipated time required to complete the Comprehensive Perioperative TEE e-course is 30-40 hours.
The e-learning is a pre-requisite for the hands-on TEE workshop which will cover highlights, discussions, hands-on training, TEE simulation and heart dissection. Check the Calendar for upcoming Comprehensive Perioperative TEE workshops.
Get access to this e-learning
Price is excluding VAT.