Basic Cardiac Ultrasound (FATE) - Copenhagen, Oct. 31, 2018
GE Healthcare, Copenhagen
Basic FATE covers everything within the curriculum of FICE & FoCUS
FATE is easily and quickly learned and can be applied in all clinical scenarios – perioperatively, pre- and inhospitally, in intensive care or emergency settings. The workshop is a simple and effective roadmap to learn how to perform and interpret echocardiographic findings and put them into the clinical context. The FATE workshops covers all content described in FoCUS, FICE, or similar concepts. The British Intensive Care Society has approved FATE for FICE accreditation.
The objective is to provide the course participant with basic echocardiographic skills for physicians who are not specialists of cardiology in order to guide cardiac optimisation. This includes the basic imaging views and M-mode for cardiac dimensions and right and left ventricular function.
The following topics will be covered or offered on the workshop in groups of 4-5 participants
- Basic cardiac views including IVC
- Right and left ventricle function
- Basic clinical scenario training
- Pleural scanning
Pre-workshop e-learning material
All theory is provided according to the unique USabcd interactive e-learning concept including pre-test, learning modules and post-test.
E-learning covers: introduction, equipment and skills, basic imaging views, M-mode (not FICE), cardiac function and pathology.
All e-learning modules must be completed prior to the workshop.
The e-learning for the Basic Cardiac Ultrasound (FATE) course is included in the course registration fee. You will get access to the e-learning in your account immediately after registering. It will be available until 6 months after the day of the hands-on workshop.
No prior experience is required.
Who can attend?
Physicians from all specialities e.g.: Anaesthesiologists, intensivists, emergency physicians, internal medicine physicians, surgeons, general practitioners. In fact all healthcare workers dealing with hemodynamic problems in their daily clinic.
Hands-on workshop programme:
- 10.00-10.15 Introduction, coffee
- 10.15-10.30 Highlights to HOT 1, coffee
- 10.30-11.45 HOT 1 (knobology, Basicimaging views on normal models)
- 11.45-12.00 Highlights to HOT 2
- 12.00-13.00 HOT 2 (knobology, repetition of basic imaging views, M-mode in pos 3, MAPSE/TAPSE)
- 13.00-13.30 Lunch (included)
- 13.30-13.45 Highlights to HOT 3
- 13.45-14.45 HOT 3 (knobology, repet. HOT 1-2, M-mode in pos 2, PLAX view, extended views)
- 14.45-15.00 Highlights to HOT 4
- 15.00-15.15 Break with coffee
- 15.15-17.00 HOT 4 (certification and scenario training, discussion, evaluation)
HOT = Hands-on training
A certificate is issued after completion of the e-learning and the workshop.
The course will take place at GE Healthcare's office in Copenhagen, one of the world’s most vibrant and livable cities. Everything is designed for living: from the buildings, architecture, food, water, and all the bikes to the free education, free health care, and excellent work-life balance. Copenhagen has something for every vistor's taste: the traditional sites, music, theatre, restaurants, shopping, museums, you name it.