In Essential Emergency Ultrasonography, the concept is focused ultrasonography.
Compared to protocolized ultrasonography, it represents a paradigm shift as it applies specific parts of the systematic ultrasonography examinations to solve specific clinical issues. Only the necessary examinations are performed - and they depend on you and the clinical questions you ask regarding your patient.
- You do not have to stick to a specific protocol
- Ask a question
- If you can answer it with ultrasonography, pick up the ultrasound transducer
- When the question is answered, put down the transducer and take care of the patient
The Essential Emergency Ultrasonography hands-on workshop with associated e-learning has been developed by Morten Bøtker, Thomas Dahl Nielsen and Lars Knudsen for USabcd. The workshop objective is to teach you how to use an ultrasound transducer like you use your stethoscope. It is relevant for all physicians taking care of patients with potentially life-threatening and time-critical conditions.
- Is pericardial fluid collection present?
- Is the left ventricular function reduced?
- Are signs of pulmonary embolism present?
- Are signs of ascending aortic dissection present?
- Can pneumothorax be confirmed or excluded?
- Are signs of pulmonary edema present or can pulmonary edema be excluded?
- Can pleural fluid be confirmed or excluded?
- Is an abdominal aortic aneurism present?
- Is free intraperitoneal fluid visible?
Precourse qualifications: No prior US experience is required for this course.
E-learning included: Essential Emergency Ultrasonography
Approx. 10 am-4.30pm
Detailed programme will follow.
Language: English unless all participants speak Danish.
You can access the e-learning immediately after booking; it will remain accessible for 6 months after the workshop. All e-learning is in English.
Fully booked. Please contact us for waiting list options.