FoCUS - Focused Cardiac Ultrasound
The revolutionary new concept of basic cardiac point-of-care ultrasound!
FoCUS - Focused Cardiac Ultrasound e-course
The objectives for the FoCUS e-course is to provide the participants with basic echocardiographic skills for the non-cardiologist in order to perform cardiac evaluation and optimizing.
After completing this e-learning programme:
- You have learned the normal sonographic features of the heart
- You have learned to obtain the 4 basic cardiac views together with the inferior vena cava
- You have trained eye-balling of the right and left ventricular function
- You are now familiar with M-mode for assessment of cardiac dimensions and function
- You can recognize the most important pathology
- You have learnt how to interpret the echocardiographic findings
After having joined one of USabcd's workshops you will have the necessary practical skill to make use of FoCUS in your daily clinical practice including how to use the echocardiographic findings in the clinical context.
The content of FoCUS is fully covered in the FATE protocol and e-course. FICE partly covers the FoCUS curriculum.
The FoCUS e-course is built on the foundation of this article:
Written by the Winfocus working group on Focused Cardiac Ultrasound.
Get access to this e-learning
Price is excluding VAT.