FICE - Focused Intensive Care Echo e-course
The objectives of the FICE e-course is to provide the attendees with basic echocardiographic skills for the non-cardiologist in order to perform focused intensive care echocardiography.
After completing this e-learning program:
- You have learned the normal sonographic features of the heart
- You have learned to obtain the 4 basic cardiac views together with the inferior vena cava
- You have trained eye-balling of the right and left ventricular function
- You are familiar with the assessment of cardiac dimensions and function based on 2D imaging
- You can recognize the most important pathology
- You have learned how to interpret the echocardiographic findings
After having joined one of the FICE workshops, based on the unique USabcd e-learning and comprehensive and structured hands-on training you will have the required practical skill to make use of FICE in your daily clinical practice, including how to interpret the echocardiographic findings in the clinical context
The content of FICE is fully covered in the FATE protocol and e-course. FICE partly covers the FoCUS curriculum.
The FICE e-course is built on the "FICE Course Approval Application Pack":
Suggested minimum requirements for an echocardiography course to be recognised for basic level Focused Intensive Care Echocardiography (FICE) by The Intensive Care Society.
Get access to this e-learning
Price is excluding VAT.