Focused assessment with sonography for trauma (FAST)
Focused Assessment with Sonography for Trauma (FAST) is a limited point-of-care (POC) ultrasound examination directed solely at identifying the presence of free intraperitoneal or pericardial fluid.
FAST and eFAST is used in trauma situations to identify free fluid in the following clinical settings:
- Blunt trauma
- Unexplained hypotension
- Penetrating trauma
- Trauma in pregnancy
- Perform a FAST examination
- Identify free fluid in specific anatomically locations
- Where to place and orientate the transducer for the four positions of the FAST protocol
- How to obtain the standard views in each position
- What to look for
- How to determine if free fluid is present
- Knowing the sonographic artefacts and pitfalls
The FAST e-learning course is a prerequisite for attending an USabcd hands-on FAST workshop.
Get access to this e-learning
Price is excluding VAT.